Window Replacements of Georgia Talks About Foyer Window Replacement
Foyer windows add charm to your home. They fill space with natural light and provides such unobstructed views that leave your visitors in awe. After years of maintaining them, there comes a time for foyer window replacement, and you’re quite unsure of how to go about the process. That’s the reason why we’re here to help address the questions to ask when it comes to your foyer window replacement.
Questions To Ask About Your Foyer Window Replacement
1. Do Your Windows Need Replacing? Sometimes, it’s possible to repair your foyer windows instead of replacing them. There certainly are DIY solutions to issues like broken glass or window locks. However, in case of damaged, warped, or broken foyer windows, it’s definitely time to consider replacing them. Foyer window replacement can also take place when you want to reduce your energy bills or give your house a renovation, especially if it’s a historic home.
2. What Type of Frame Materials Do You Want for Your Window? There are so many options out there for you when it comes to foyer window frame materials. Below are a few options that might be viable for you.
- Wood: For a very long time, wood was the go-to window frame material of thousands of American households. Aesthetically pleasing and adequately insulating, it’s understandable why wooden foyer windows were such a popular choice. However, due to its poor resistance to the elements, such as water and heat, wood has been gradually by more resilient materials.
- Vinyl: According to the American Architectural Manufacturers Association, vinyl is now the second-largest volume plastic produced worldwide and the largest volume plastic for building and construction products. Not only does vinyl hinder energy loss but they also don’t rot nor require painting like wood. The only downside is that vinyl windows only come in white and tan, which minimizes homeowners’ painting options.
- Fiberglass: This material is relatively new to the market. Fiberglass windows are considerably much stronger than vinyl ones, and they can be painted over should you want to change your home’s color scheme. However, as a material, fiberglass can be rigid, which causes difficulties in the installation process. Additionally, it can also be as pricey as high-end wooden windows.
3. What Type of Foyer Window Replacement Should You Consider? With foyer window replacement, there are two different ways that you can go about it, including pocket installation and full-frame installation.
- Pocket installation: In this method, a new window is placed within the existing frame. Even though there’s a limitation to the level of modification that you can do, pocket installation is still the easiest way to replace your foyer window, which yields minimal labor cost should you decide to hire a professional to perform the task.
- Full-frame installation: Quite self-explanatory, full-frame installation entails replacing the whole window. It’s the best option for foyer windows that are acutely deteriorating, or for homeowners who want to completely change the style and shape of their foyer windows. During this method, since there is newly installed insulation around the perimeter of the window, homeowners can expect maximum energy efficiency. However, it is the most time-consuming and the cost involved is rather high.
4. Hire A Professional. Now that you have a good grasp on foyer window replacement, you can now hire the helping hand of a professional. When choosing professional help, don’t forget to conduct thorough research on companies providing the service. Always look at customer reviews and ask whether you can contact past customers. Also, use this checklist as a reference when searching for the right window contractors for your home:
- Home improvement license
- An established storefront with a website with helpful information
- Certificate of insurance (COI)
- Written standards for window installation
- At least 5 years in business
As always you can depend on Window Replacements of Georgia to meet all these points and more. Our team of experts have the training and experience to assure your foyer window replacement is customized to your exact needs as a homeowner.
Call Windows Replacement of Georgia Today For Your Foyer Window Replacement!
At Windows Replacement of Georgia, we pride ourselves on meeting the customers’ highest standards. Having been in business for more than 10 years, we understand windows and the concerns that come with maintaining them. Foyer window replacement can be intimidating, but with our experience and expertise, we can guarantee you complete satisfaction and potentially future business with us. Contact Us Now or Call (404) 793-0995 for a free estimate today!