Window Replacements Are Key to a Happy Home
Taking care of your home is always a top priority. Whether you are dealing with an unscheduled repair or a remodeling update, keeping your home in working order is the end goal. With that in mind, Window Replacements are one of the first stops when updating one’s home. However, you’re probably asking yourself, “What do I need to know before replacing my windows?” Let Window Replacements of Georgia give you a few tips to consider when approaching window replacements.
When to Get Window Replacements
Understanding how your current windows are performing can help you make better decisions before replacing them. There are some key factors that determine how your windows are performing and if replacement is needed.
- Air Leaks – Any outdoor temperatures entering your home can directly affect your home’s environment. Even minor cracks in window frames and around the window sill can bring in noticeable drafts. These can then result in temperature shifts that greatly affect your home’s energy savings and your family’s comfort.
- Moisture Issues – Some of the most seemingly harmless, yet costliest window expenses, can be home structural repairs due to window moisture issues. Left unaddressed these issues can result in mold and over time damage to wallboard, surrounding woodwork, and even flooring. Most often moisture issues are the result of cracked wooden frames, older single-pane windows and double-pane windows with seal failures. The first noticeable sign is often the “foggy” window. However, moisture issues can also appear as condensation on the window panes, frost in the cold months and sitting water on the window sills.
- Continuous Maintenance Required– Old or faulty windows often require frequent repairs. Due to the complex structure of a window frame or the window sashes, replacing parts is never an easy solution. A temporary repair will most likely turn into a regular repairs need. Eventually, the amount spent on continued repairs will become more than a new window installation.
Why You Should Get Window Replacements
At Window Replacements of Georgia, we are focused on you and your home’s needs. That means getting the most out of your window replacements. We know that choosing to move forward with window replacements for your home is a major decision. But there are some great advantages of replacing those troublesome windows that may help in your decision process.
- Energy Cost Savings – Reducing your energy costs is always a plus. Energy efficient windows allow you to eliminate overcompensation by your HVAC system for air leakage. During the colder seasons, these windows can create 11 to 24 percent savings in your energy bills.
- Improved Home Value – One of the best selling points for homeowners seeking to sell their house is newly replaced windows. Home buyers see the multiple advantages and savings of having newer windows in a home they are evaluating.
- Safety and Protection – When it comes to keeping your family safe and protected, windows are one of your first points of entry. A strong, durable window is an important deterrent against intruders, insects and the harsh elements. Windows that open, close and lock properly also help to protect against injuries.
- Style – Let’s face it beautiful windows attract attention. If you are looking to give your home a needed face lift, window replacements can be a stunning enhancement offering exceptional indoor style and great curb appeal.
Update Your Home with Window Replacements of Georgia
Window Replacements of Georgia is a family-owned business with a team of experts holding over 10 years’ experience in window replacements. Unique to the industry, we don’t do “one-size-fits-all” windows, we take pride in putting you first and offering you a wide variety of custom options for your window replacements. Considering a windows replacement? Contact Us or Call Us at (404) 844-0999 for a free estimate and let us give you options for a clearer view.