Window Replacements of Georgia, Your Marietta Custom Door Installation Asks Are Your Doors Sticking?
When it comes to your house issues, there are many different things that can drive as homeowner crazy. One of the most common issues that often bother our clients is sticking doors. Not only do they cause inconvenience, sticking doors affect your home life quality overall. So what are the reasons behind the problem? Your Custom Door Installation in Marietta experts, Window Replacements of Georgia has a few tips to share.
Causes of Your Sticking Doors
- Wear and Tear: We all use our doors multiple times a day. Over a long-time period, wear and tear happen naturally. This results in loose screws and out-of-alignment hinges, which causes your doors to stick. Especially in houses with wooden doors, the damage can happen at a much faster pace.
- Humidity: Have you ever wondered why your doors tend to stick only during summertime? In the summer, when the humidity is relatively high, the moisture can make the wood swell, warp, or shrink. This issue results in your doors not fitting in their frames correctly, which leads them to stick and cause you inconvenience. When the humidity decreases, the wood shrinks and your problem should go away.
- Improper Door Installation: When doors are not installed with care and precision by an expert team, they can create all sorts of troubles. Crooked door panels, creaking sounds, air leaks, and of course, stickiness. This is where a company like Window Replacements of Georgia steps in with our custom door installation service. We make sure that all doors that we install, including in Marietta, are always installed properly.
- Shifting Foundation: Another reason that may cause your doors to stick is your home’s shifting foundation. Poor soil conditions and inadequate drainage are the two most common threats to home foundations. Not only do foundation shifts affect your doors’ functionality but they also bring about a set of many problems, including bowed walls, cracks around windows, and sagging floors.
Are There Any ‘Home’ Solutions?
There are a few things that you can try to ease the problem until you are ready for a new door replacement:
- Clean any sticky areas where there may be a grime or dust buildup with soap and water
- Try lubricating the hinges with something like WD40
- Use a dehumidifier and fix leaking pipes to reduce the humidity level in your house
- Install an HVAC system that monitors and addresses humidity in the home automatically
These suggestions may fix the issue temporarily, but to assure your door functions properly and no damage occurs to surrounding door structure, you really should have a professional take a look at the situation. An expert door installer can pinpoint the causes of your sticking doors, fix the issue effectively whether by repair or door replacement, and potentially spot potential hazards that may have been unnoticed.
Call for Your Custom Door Installation Quote in Marietta From Window Replacements of Georgia Today!
Well-functioning doors improve house value and the quality of your life. For the top-quality custom door installation service in Marietta, contact Window Replacements of Georgia. Servicing Marietta and the surrounding areas in the past 10 years, we are confident in our ability to meet the highest standards. Our team of experts are professionally trained and retain years of experience. Window Replacements of Georgia offers the best doors from leading door manufacturers like MI Windows and Doors, Pella, and Marvin. Contact for a free estimate today!