“Spring Has Sprung” Says Window Replacements of Marietta
The air is getting more pleasant, the flowers are blooming, and coats are ready to be packed away. However, we do recommend you keep your rain coats and boots handy.
Spring is one of the most highly anticipated seasons of the year. While it’s a time for nature flourishing, that also means mother nature keeps every day interesting. That usually means spring showers.
Window Replacements Marietta understands how important it is to keep your home safe during the heavy rainfall and storms. That’s why we want to share some tips on how to keep the wet weather out of your home this year.
Window Replacements Marietta Shares Wet Weather Tips
Spring time should be a time of taking in the fresh air and cool breeze in your hair. Unfortunately, rain can make that a little difficult from time to time. Then you begin to worry about your home and how it’ll react to the constant downpour or out-of-hand storms.
That’s why Window Replacements Marietta is here to help ease your mind this season. Spring showers are a given but that doesn’t mean you have to be worried or ill prepared. Here are 6 tips to keep the wet spring weather out of your home.
- Window Check – While they may be shut and behind curtains, your windows play a big role in keeping your home dry. If air leaks are present, that is just one more way for water to creep in. Window Replacements Marietta knows this is a great place to start.
- Clean Out Gutter – Gutters are there to make rain flow smoother. If clogged, that keeps water from flowing like it should and puts stress on your gutters. It also means too much water flowing over the sides of the roof leading to more rain at the foot of entrances and doors.
- Electrical Issues – It may not be the first thought but ensuring exposed wires or easily heated wires are maintained are important. Shock should not be added to the list of problems when already dealing with potentially heavy rain.
- Cover and Secure Porch Furniture – Ensuring your furniture is kept dry and away from windows can make for a smooth rainy day. While afternoon showers may not be as troublesome, heavy storms can cause lighter chairs or table to slide around and can damage the exterior of your home.
- Check Your Roof – The roof is one the hardest hit spots during any kind of weather. Checking for rough spots and leaks before rain arrives can ensure no drips or rivers come flowing into your house.
- Tree Trims – Trees and bushes that are near windows should be well maintained during the rainy months. This keeps them from potentially flying at the windows. Cutting dead parts off of the tress can help prevent this
Helpful Hint: In the event of a power outage, emergency generators can provide enough power to keep a few important lights and appliances running. A whole-house standby generator will automatically kick-on to keep the keep the whole house powered while you combat the wet weather.
“What If I Need Safer, Updated Windows?”
Window Replacements Marietta Is Here To Help
The tips above should more than prepare you for the weather to come. Although, certain checks can reveal more than you were prepared for. If window leaks are worse than expected, it’s important to install new ones to prevent any further damage.
Window Replacements Marietta is here to help! Unique in the industry, we don’t come to your home with a one-size-fits-all product solution; instead we take pride in listening to you and offering a wide variety of customized window options to suit your needs. We find the right product for you, not the other way around.
As certified installers, you can trust us to take the utmost care when installing your house windows. Our installation team is made up of some of the window industry’s most skilled craftsmen and we use only the highest quality materials in our projects. In addition, Window Replacements Marietta offers the best window products from local mill shops to leading manufacturers.
Window Replacements Marietta FAQs
What Window Replacements Are Best?
Every home is different. That’s why Window Replacements Marietta puts you in control. With a multitude of options available, our team can help walk you through what works best for your home, budget and time frame.
When Should I Replace My Windows?
While it varies across all brands, most windows are meant to last 15 to 20 years. After that timeframe, you should consider having custom windows installed to ensure your home remains safe from the elements and other issues.
What Is The Best Material For Windows?
This can depend on your location and what you’re looking for. Certain windows offer greater energy benefits while others are more aesthetically appealing. The materials to consider: aluminum, vinyl, wood, and fiberglass. Wood is typically not recommended due to the nature of aging and sensitivity to the elements.
Let Window Replacements Marietta Be Your Wet Weather Umbrella
You and your family shouldn’t have to worry about your home’s safety this spring season. Wet weather may seem harmless, but if certain precautions are not taken it can make all the difference. That’s why we’re focused on keeping the wet weather out of your home this spring!
Window Replacements Marietta is focused on offering the best match for your home’s individual style and budget. We give your home a top-notch appearance that will last through all seasons no matter the weather.
Let Window Replacements of Marietta clear up any problems with your home windows. Contact Us Now or Call Us at (404) 998-4944.